Cat sat on your tax forms? Free tax help for older people. Latest surgery dates.
Are you an older person who would like help with working out your personal tax? The next free advice surgeries will be at Age Cymru, Swansea on Tuesday 20th June Age Cymru, Llanelli on Thursday 22nd June. Booking is essential.
Tax Help for Older People provides free, independent and expert help and advice for older people on annual incomes of less than £20,000 p.a.) who cannot afford to pay for professional advice. Read on for examples of ways they may be able to help and check the Tax Help for Older People charity website here.
Any personal tax problem can be dealt with. For example, you can have your PAYE notice of coding checked, or get help with form filling, checking a tax calculation, replying to a letter from HMRC or making a marriage allowance transfer. You may simply be looking for some reassurance and peace of mind. The advisors from Tax Help for Older People understand that many elderly people may not have the confidence to talk with officials, or perhaps are vulnerable or confused by tax matters and would prefer to discuss the issue face to face.
Tax Help for Older People’s aim is to help you understand your personal tax affairs and to help you work with HMRC so that you can resolve issues and pay the right amount of tax.
If you are wondering;
- if you are a due a refund
- if the tax you have paid is correct
- if your tax codes are correct
- why HMRC have sent you an underpayment notice
- what the letter from HMRC means
- you are completing the right forms
Or need help to;
- check your tax affairs during your retirement year/s or through bereavement
- talk or write to HMRC and other organisations
- go online to access your information
- question why something has happened
- understand the tax implications of decisions – like pension freedoms
- appeal or complain
The next surgeries will be at Age Cymru, Swansea on Tuesday 16 May and Age Cymru, Llanelli on Thursday 18 May.
Booking is essential, so to confirm place availability, and to book contact Tax Help for Older People on 0845 601 3321 or 01308 488 066. You can ask them about future surgeries too.
Addresses of your local Age Cymru offices:
Age Cymru Sir Gâr
100 Trostre Road
t. 01554 784080
Website: Age Cymru Sir Gar
Age Cymru Swansea Bay
Tawe Business Village
Swansea Enterprise Park
t. 01792 648 866
Website: Age Cymru Swansea Bay
What is Swansea News Network?
Swansea News Network is a community journalism, not for profit, start-up project that enables people to empower their communities by sharing positive news and progressive stories. Swansea News Network intends to be quirky and never perfect. A platform and network for Swansea communities to connect across the city and beyond.
Swansea News Network would love to hear from you.
Would you like to write for Swansea News Network? Are you interested in volunteering? Want to get involved? Have an idea for an article? Enjoy photography or using video? Handy with websites. Fancy yourself as an arts reviewer? Why not read ‘What is Swansea News Network?’ on the website to find out more or email us to see how you could help.
Latest posts by Patrick Driscall (see all)
- New app empowers people with eating disorders - June 23, 2017
- New study shows Swansea children need to get out and play more. - June 21, 2017
- Coastal Housing celebrates art projects injecting new colour into community spaces - June 21, 2017